Women wear wigs for a variety of reasons. Women’s are available in an endless array of styles and colors to suit either group of women, from very natural-looking wigs to outrageously artificial fantasy and party wigs.
Choosing the wig that’s right for you can be confusing. There are 2 basic categories wigs fall into; synthetic wigs and 100% human hair wigs.
Which is right for you? Many women think that women’s human hair wigs will be more natural looking. They fear that “synthetic” wigs will, in fact, look synthetic. This is not true! Each type of wig has its own unique benefits.
Here are the facts what is the difference between human hair wigs and synthetics.
- What is human hair wig?
- What is synthnic wig?
- What is the difference between human hair wigs and synthetics?
- Human hair wig vs synthetic : Which one is better for You?
- How to choose a wig that work for you?
What Is Human Hair Wig?
Human hair wigs come in two categories: processed hair and raw hair. Raw hair is kept together to make sure the cuticles are facing the same direction as they would if they grew from the head. It ensures the most natural look as well as makes brushing easier. When hair cuticles are reversed, they will break easier.
About human hair wig
● offers the most natural look & feel
● presents the most styling versatility
● requires more styling - especially after washing
● typically more expensive than synthetic hair
● less durable than human hair — 4-6 months with proper care.(It is important to follow our care recommendations in order to get the optimal life span from your hair!)
● Premium & Remy Human Hair are the highest quality human hair available
● hair cuticles kept running in uniform direction resulting in less tangling
● more careful collecting and processing techniques result in higher quality product and contribute to higher price
● the most durable hair type
1. Styling Versatility. Many human hair wigs can be colored, permed and styled just like your own hair. Keep in mind that it is important to take your wig to a stylist who is experienced in dealing with best human hair wigs if you wish to alter the style.
2. Texture. Human hair wigs for black women come in a variety of textures, so you can match your own hair texture very closely.
3. Longevity. With proper care, human hair wigs lace front can last a year or more when worn daily.
4. Natural Look. 100% virgin Human hair wigs feel great and can look incredibly natural.
1. High Maintenance. Just like real hair, remy human hair wigs need to be washed, deep-conditioned and re-styled frequently.
2. Cost. Because they are harvested from human hair, they are typically more expensive.
3. Color Variation. It is difficult to replicate an exact color when you replace a real human hair wig or wish to purchase a back up of the same style. Human hair wigs of the same color will vary slightly from wig to wig because each wig contains hair harvested from multiple people.
4. Reacts to Weather. Like your own hair would, unprossed human hair wigs react to the weather and can become frizzy, limp or dry depending on the weather.
5. Color Fading. The color of a human hair long wig will oxidize or fade with exposure to light.
6. Fragile. The hair will incur damage if subjected to harsh brushing, back-combing or overuse of heated styling tools.
7. Weight. hair wigs can feel heavier than synthetic wigs of a similar length and style.
8. Styling. Human hair wigs are more labor intensive and require more effort and skill to style.
What Is Synthetic Wig?
A synthetic hair wig is made of plastic fibers, usually a type of nylon. The quality and performance of these fibers varies greatly between manufacturers and wig styles. Higher quality synthetic fiber will hold their sheen, color, and shape over lower quality fiber.
The shape of synthetic fiber (curly, straight, etc) is manufactured into the wig style at the factory through a ‘baking’ process. Because of this process, synthetic fiber wigs will hold their shape, even after repeated washings. Only a slight comb-out is required after washing to bring the wig back to its original shape. This process also makes the wig resistant to losing its shape due to outdoor temperature or humidity.About Synthetic hair
● higher quality synthetic hair offer a look and feel quite similar to human hair
● offers limited styling versatility (hot tools cannot be used)
● requires little maintenance & can usually be worn right out of the box
● typically more affordable than human hair
● very durable - can last over a year with proper care.(It is important to follow our care recommendations in order to get the optimal life span from your hair!)
● Heat-Friendly Synthetic Hair offers more styling versatility (hot tools may be used - max 350°)
● can be more challenging to style than human hair
● care must be taken to avoid tangling
1. Easy Care. Synthetic wigs are easy to take care of. Because synthetic wigs have something called “style retention,”they never have to be styled. You simply wash, dry and then shake them out, and the wig will return to its initial style.
2. Style Memory. Synthetic wigs hold their style regardless of the weather.
3. Versatile. You can try out various colors and styles without the need to see a hair stylist by purchasing multiple synthetic wigs.
4. Large Color Selection. The sky is the limit where colors are concerned. You can choose from an array of natural colors, as well as several fantasy colors.
5. Cost. Synthetic wigs are relatively inexpensive.
6. Low Maintenance. They require very little maintenance. This is important to consider if you are experiencing health issues and not feeling well.
7. Natural Looking. If purchasing a high quality synthetic wig, it is very difficult to tell the difference between a synthetic wig and one made from real human hair.
1. Shine. Some economy or budget synthetic wigs (typically those under $100) may have an unnatural shine.
2. Longevity. Synthetic wigs and toppers do not last as long as virgin remy human hair wigs. They typically last about 4-6 months with daily wear.
3. Less Versatility. Synthetic wigs cannot be straightened or curled with heated styling tools unless it is a specifically designed “heat friendly” synthetic wig.
4. Cannot Change Color. Recoloring is not recommended for synthetic wigs and traditional hair color will not adhere to the fibers.
What Is The Difference Between 100 Human Hair Wigs And Synthetics?
Appearance:Women’s human hair wigs look much more natural than synthetic wigs. They are softer and feel more natural as well.human hair full lace wig and lace front wig can be curled,colored and styled,while synthetic full lace wig or front lace wig can’t be styled or colored.
Durability:Good human hair wigs are more durable and lasts longer than synthetic wigs. It can stand up to several washings and heat applications without becoming frayed and worn. some human hair full lace wigs can last more than two years if hair care condition is correct.
Price:One of the disadvantages of unprossed virgin human hair wigs is that it costs much more than wigs made of synthetic hair. A human hair wig can cost 5 times as much as a synthetic wig because its creation depends on access to human hair rather than on the technology used to create synthetic hair. A remy human hair wig is also more difficult to make. Because of the advantages of buying human hair wigs, many people feel the increase in price is worth the purchase.
Maintenance:High-quality human hair wigs require more maintenance than synthetic wigs. When you wake up, you can put the synthetic wig on as is because it retains its style. However, the human hair wigs require grooming before it is ready to wear. It may take you twice as long to get ready in the morning because you have to comb, brush and style the human hair.
Flexibility:Another advantage of human hair lace wigs is the flexibility you have when it comes to styling it. You can set human hair with rollers to give it some body. Using hot appliances such as blow dryers, flat irons and curling irons offer a variety of styling options. You can treat human hair like your own hair; therefore, you can bleach it or color it without worrying about damaging it.